Pages

Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spinning Wheels

Last night I was attempting to list the wheels that I've owned.  I spent a long time going through my photos looking for proof...but alas, many wheels were never photographed.  Those that were, will appear on these pages. 
Like anything, spinning took me hook, line, and treadle.  I became what some would call compulsive about everything to do with spinning.  People who know me are not surprised by this character trait.  It can be a lot of fun to jump in with both feet!  It can also be a little, well...compulsive.
I know I've owned more wheels than many.  Which is pretty handy, since I want to teach spinning and help others love the craft.  I have first-hand knowledge of many brands and makes of wheels. Of course, spinning wheels are kind of like cars.  They all do the same job, but each person has her or his own preferences in style, function, and size.

My favorite wheels are still with me - the others have moved on to new homes.  I've regretted selling some.  If I could have them back I would!  (And I still have a "wish list" of a couple of wheels that I hope to own someday).

2 comments:

  1. I regret selling the little Ashford loom EXCEPT that I made a good friend. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, having made a friend is the best deal of all.

    ReplyDelete