Pages

Followers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time to Post Some Photos

I have several days of blog posts to make up, so I decided to do.just.one and see how it goes!  Maybe it'll put me in the mood to get many more done.

I have been very busy lately with my fiber and supplies.  I've been spinning every day, sorting through the PILES downstairs, getting rid of unwanted furniture, buying some items for my booth at the upcoming Saturday market this summer...whew!  LOTS going on.

Several days ago I spent hours in the mother-in-law apartment (my studio!) cleaning and getting set up for some serious production.  I still have a long way to go, but I am really happy with how it is shaping up.  You need to understand, that my "studio" has always been a dumping ground for boxes of stuff, supplies, piles, etc...and has never been organized.  Now that I am starting a small business it's time to do it!

The studio, or apartment, is the bottom level of our home.  Technically it is a one bedroom apartment, but in actuality there are two rooms - one is finished, one is not.  The unfinished room is my husband's workshop.  At least it will be once we get it set up!  Here he'll be able to putter and work on his projects, like the BMW restoration in the garage (right outside the workshop door!) and building that Martin guitar he bought the kit for years ago.

I digress.  To get into the studio, you can either come downstairs from the house into the garage, and then through his workshop and into the studio.  Or, you can enter from the outside.  Once in the studio, you'll find a kitchen with microwave, cooktop and oven, fridge, sink, and cupboards.  There is also a bathroom with a bathtub (hooray!) and a washer and dryer.  There is space for a dinette, too, or any small table.  One large bedroom, and a living room area complete the studio.  Oh, and just off the living room is a patio area with double doors.  It is south facing so it gets a lot of light when the sun is shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment