Pages

Followers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Woolee Winder!

I splurged on a device to help speed up my production of yarn.  It's called a "Woolee Winder" and is made for many different wheels.  I bought one for my Schacht Matchless wheel, in cherry to match.  It operates as a level wind system, like the winder on a fishing reel.  As I spin yarn, and it is pulled onto the bobbin, the Woolee Winder lays it out evenly.  Not only does it look neat and tidy, it saves me the time of having to stop every few minutes and move the yarn from hook to hook.

Now, this invention is pretty darn cool.  But I do have to say, it is a little noisy!  Not terrible, but I really enjoy the near silence of spinning on my big Wyatt wheel, so the clatter of the WW gears is a bit noticeable.  I am, however, really pleased with the speed and function!  Photos to come!

1 comment: